Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic, fun and exciting office environment? The Manitoba Wildlife Federation (MWF) is seeking a responsible, hard-working individual to fill the role of the Program Coordinator.
Posted: November 14, 2017
Application Deadline: November 29, 2017
12 Month Term Position: December 4, 2017 – December 31, 2018
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm with occasional weekend work for program delivery
Manitoba Hunter Education Program Management
- Manage new Hunter Education Instructor recruitment and certification as well as support existing active instructors with program supplies and needs.
- Oversee Hunter Education graduate administration, data entry and inventory
- Work with the Hunter Education Working Committee to coordinate meetings, communicate changes to the instructors and coordinate regional meetings when requested.
- Fill government grant requirements (program budgets, annual work plans and reports).
MWF Program Delivery
- Management and delivery of MWF’s Outdoor programs which includes: program budgeting, planning, managing committees, chairing meetings, coordination of volunteers, sponsorship, supply distribution, backgrounds checks, on-site delivery and program wrap up.
- Program Coordinator duties will also include assisting with the delivery of MWF and Club fundraising events, sporting clay shoots and tradeshows.
- The ability to identify grant opportunities and proposal writing for program funding is an asset.
Ad Hoc Administrative Functions as Required
- Candidate may be responsible for note taking during meetings, scheduling committee meetings, maintaining and tracking inventory, answering phones as well as any other duties staff require to ensure the MWF office runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to learn new things
- Must have strong organizational skills, take pride in your work and care about the details
- Must have strong basic computer skills in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel
- Must have effective public speaking and communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and cooperative team building skills
- Must have experience in program coordination, delivery, committee management and public outreach.
- Good knowledge and experience in hunter safety, angling and the outdoors is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
If this role sounds perfect for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter and resume. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest in being a part of the MWF team!
About the Manitoba Wildlife Federation:
The Manitoba Wildlife Federation is the Province’s oldest and largest conservation organization with over 13,000 members and 100 local wildlife clubs across Manitoba. The MWF is a leading voice representing the conservation, hunting, fishing and trapping community.