Provincial Hunting Day was first proclaimed in 2009 by the Manitoba government establishing the fourth Saturday in September each year as Provincial Hunting Day. The goal is “to celebrate the role hunting plays in wildlife management and conservation,” according to the official proclamation.
The event is sponsored by the Manitoba Wildlife Federation (MWF), together with a variety of partner organizations and will take place rain or shine. This family-friendly event promotes the rich tradition of hunting that has become part of Manitoba’s heritage.
The Provincial Hunting Day celebration will feature a variety of fun and exciting family activities, including:
• Free shotgun training and shooting
• Hunting demos
• Game cleaning and cooking demos
• Youth ‘Calling Contest’ and Women’s Goose Calling Contest
• Shooting ranges
• Hunting seminars & exhibitors
• Kids crafts and activities
• Prize draws
• Live music
• Hunter Education Online Course examinations
Everyone is welcome, especially those with no experience in hunting who wish to learn more.