Manitoba Junior Shotgun Association
The Manitoba Junior Shotgun Association is jointly sponsored by the Manitoba Wildlife Federation and the Manitoba Trap Association.
It is open to both boys and girls between the ages of 12 to 18. The basic purpose of the Association is to provide training in the safe operation of firearms and to provide a fun environment for children to participate in a sport to which they might not have the opportunity to do so. Additionally it teaches kids both maturity and responsibility.
The program usually runs in May & June of each year and culminates in the Provincial Championship on the last Sunday of June.
There are currently 5 locations where Junior Shotgun programs are offered:
• Winnipeg Trap & Skeet – contact Lorne Ross 467-2267 email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Brandon Gun Club – contact Rob Lamont 761-8033 email email@example.com
• Portage la Prairie – contact Jim Turner 239-0325 email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pembina Triangle – contact Kevin Brown 343-2270 email email@example.com
• Lundar Gun Club – contact Don Law 739-6040 email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are hoping to add a program at Virden Gun Club in the near future. Should any club wish to start a program or require further details about Manitoba Junior Shotgun Association please contact Lorne Ross as listed above.