Scroll down for a complete list of Hunter Education Instructors.
To qualify for a hunting licence in Manitoba, any person who obtained their first hunting licence after 1969 must be a graduate of the provincial Manitoba Hunter Education Course or a similar hunter education course from another province or state.
In Manitoba, thousands of hunters take to the field each year. Hunters make this annual pilgrimage to woods and water so that they can experience the natural world and be an active participant in it.
Over 20 million students have graduated from North American Safety/Hunter Education courses. These courses have contributed to a significant decrease in hunting accidents and an increased understanding of the responsibilities each hunter accepts while hunting.
The primary goal of the Hunter Education Program is to help you understand the important role you, as a hunter, have in wildlife management and conservation. Equally important is the safe use and handling of firearms and the ethical and responsible behaviour of all hunters.
There are two ways to receive a Hunter Education Certificate:
Take the in-class Manitoba Hunter Education Course. The Hunter Education Course is a comprehensive 8-hour course and is available in almost every community across Manitoba. Simply sign up with one of the instructors below to take a class.
Students as young as 10 years old can take their Hunter Education Course in-class. If they are successful they will receive their Apprentice Hunter Education Certification Card. This allows them to hunt game birds and wild turkey under a shared bag provision provided:
- The youth carries and can produce proof of age and a valid hunter education certificate or apprentice hunter education certificate or an equivalent certificate from another province, territory or country.
- The youth is accompanied by a person who is 18 years of age or older who possesses a valid licence for the species being hunted, and at all times when hunting, be in the immediate physical vicinity of the youth.
- The adult must include any game taken by the youth as part of his or her bag limit and possession limit.
Note: if the youth wishes to hunt Migratory Game Birds they must purchase a Canadian Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp.
Take the online Hunter Education Course in three easy steps:
1 – Study and pass the $65.00 online course.
Take the course wherever, whenever! Log in and study at your own pace. The course saves your progress wherever you leave off.
2 – Print your hunter education card.
Once you have completed the online-only hunter education course, you can print out your permanent hunter education card.
3 – Go hunting!
It’s that easy!
HUNTERcourse.com is trusted by wildlife agencies across North America to deliver the highest level of hunter education. Our courses consistently receive the highest level of approval from both agencies and hunters.
HUNTERcourse.com was developed in accordance with the standards set forth by the IHEA.
Official course provider approved by: Manitoba Wildlife Federation
4-999 King Edward Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3H 0R1
If you have completed the Online Hunter Safety Course after January 1st, 2019 but haven’t taken the in class test, you will now be able to go back and complete the online test to receive your Hunter Education Certificate at no extra charge. If you took the Online Hunter Safety Course previous to January 1st, 2019 and have yet to complete your testing, you will be required to take the class again.
Current Course Fees:
Online Hunter Education – $65.00 CAD
Hunter Education in Class – $60.00 CAD
Hunter Education Manual:
This Manitoba Hunter Education Program Student Manual was developed by Manitoba Conservation, the Manitoba Wildlife Federation, and the Manitoba Junior Rifle Clubs Committee.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is mandatory to qualify for a hunting license in Manitoba. This course does NOT qualify for a Federal Firearms License such as a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
Hunter Education Instructors:
The following list of instructors is available to help you complete your Hunter Education certification. Please keep in mind that most instructors will likely put your name on a waiting list. They will notify you regarding date and location once they have enough candidates.
• Wayne Dobbie (204) 725-6283 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Donald Lee (204) 843-2330
• Katie Jones (204) 641-0181 Email: email@example.com
• David Benkoe Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Paul Millan (204) 268-2006 Email: email@example.com
• James Halliday (204) 769-2290 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jason Dickson (204) 573-6213 email@example.com
• LeeAnn Fishback
• Kerry Coleman (204) 873-2532
• Bev Richardson (204) 724-5516 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ross Groll (204) 792-2799 Email: email@example.com
• Wayne Single (204) 853-2006 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ken Krochenski (204) 766-2326 Email: email@example.com
• Jason Lambley (204) 372-8504 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Lyle Bryson (204) 687-7247 Email: email@example.com
• Allen Garinger (204) 687-7210 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ryan Gray (204) 687-3163 Email: email@example.com
• Daryl Wilkinson (306) 688-0151 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Flin Flon/Creighton areas)
• Brian Senko (204) 548-2250 Email: email@example.com
• Mervin Reibin (204) 391-6129 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Daryl Shipman (204) 870-3018 Email: email@example.com
• Darren Howden (204) 522-5775 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tom Ainsworth (204) 546-2751 or (204) 638-1936 Email: email@example.com
• Erika Anseeuw (204) 770-8510 Email: Mbmentoredhunts@gmail.com
• Rene Couture (204) 759-3026 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bill Hill (204) 750-1944 Email: WR8@inetwireless.ca
• Larry Gibbs (204) 857-7184 Email: email@example.com
• James Thiessen (204) 372-6990 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• John Godard (204) 526-7273 Email: email@example.com
• Kenneth Maloney (204) 242-2425 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ryan Johnston (204) 736-3067 Email: email@example.com
• Dale Garnham (204) 482-4881 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Adolf Unrau (204) 380-9380 Email: email@example.com
• Fred Salter (204) 356-2758
• Doug Sanders (204) 867-3664 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Christopher Warkentin (204) 868-0728 Email: email@example.com
• Robert Payette (204) 853-7585 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wayne Staple (204) 822-4986 Email: email@example.com
• Kevin Druet (204) 299-6946 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Eric Ross (204) 359-6751
• Sam Harb (204) 807-4185 Email: email@example.com
• Michael Purse (204) 485-3393 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kevin Brown (204) 343-2270 Email: email@example.com
• Rodolphe Serceau Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ste Rose du Lac
• Leonard Gray (204) 447-0231 Email: email@example.com
• Richard Brault (431) 999-1136 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• John Lavallee (204) 243-2009 Email: email@example.com
• Marcel Derocquigny (204) 745-0321 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tom Forster (204) 481-0478 Email: email@example.com
• Michel LeBlanc (204) 720-5341 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dean McLean (204) 456-9225 Email: email@example.com
• Dwain Lecoq (204) 461-3876 Email: Dlecoq576@gmail.com
• Rick Wowchuk (204) 734-2132 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Reg Erickson (204) 623-4772 Email: email@example.com
• Clayton Bradbury (204) 778-8835 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jean-Jacque Bujold (204) 677-4007 Email: email@example.com
• Ron Byer (204) 679-6242 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Christopher Pelchat (204) 679-6242 Email: email@example.com
• Dave Andries (204) 851-5536 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Stewart Books (204) 362-5583 Email: email@example.com
• George Doell (204) 325-7681 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bentley Dueck (204) 325-4110 Email: email@example.com
• Cornelius Froese (204) 362-0761 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Kevin Nickel (204) 325-2927 Email: email@example.com
• Jesse Marofke (204) 871-4810 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Christopher Morin (204) 793-7006 Email: email@example.com
• Sam Spiropoulous (204) 451-3474 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Norman Tchir (204) 256-4372 Email: email@example.com
• Harry Walker (204) 257-5223 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Mickey Hersak (204) 889-9849 Email: email@example.com
• Ken Van Hulle (204) 375-6778 Email: WOODYRIDGE@OUTLOOK.COM