Manitoba Wildlife Federation Annual General Meeting – Virtual August 19, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 virus, requirements for social distancing and limitations on group size, the Manitoba Wildlife Federation (MWF) has decided to host a Virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM) on August 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM.
As it is defined in the MWF Constitution that “the MWF shall hold an Annual General Meeting once per year, no later than April 30, unless extenuating circumstances dictate”. As the restrictions around social gatherings lessened but still do not permit gatherings in such a large group, the MWF has decided to host a Virtual AGM.
The Virtual AGM will allow affiliate and supporting members to register and attend the meeting, which is scheduled to be two hours long. Only online registrations will be accepted for this event and will require your email address.
To register for the Virtual AGM, please visit this page. After completing the registration form, you will be sent a confirmation email. A reminder email with details and meeting specifics will be sent to the email provided during the registration process prior to the meeting date. Please ensure that your email address is spelled correctly when registering, as this will be the primary method of communication for the Virtual AGM.
Prior to the meeting date and start time, a zoom meeting link will be sent to the email provided from the advanced registration.
You will be able to click on the link for the zoom meeting and be redirected to the meeting space, where you can join the ‘waiting room’ before the meeting begins. We ask that you join this meeting space 10 -15 minutes prior to the meeting beginning at 7:00 PM.
Kathleen Melnychuk and Tristan Krotowich will be available for computer help before the meeting begins if you are in need of assistance or technical support. They will be readily available at the MWF office by calling 204-633-5967, or 204-633-4868, or 1-877-633-4868.
All virtual attendees will be muted, except the chair, to alleviate any background noise and any disruptions while the meeting is in progress.
A Delegate Package with all relative information for the AGM will be sent to the email address provided during the registration process prior to the meeting date.
2020 Tentative AGM Agenda:
- Approval of the 2019 AGM minutes
- Approval of the 2019 financial audit
- Approval of the 2020 auditor
- Organizational Overview, Conducted by Carly Deacon and Chris Heald
- In April of 2020, five (5) two-year director positions became available and one (1) one-year director position became available. The MWF received a total of six (6) Executive Committee (EC) Nominations from our Affiliates. In normal circumstances, a vote would have been held to determine the nominee to serve the one-year term position. At the April 2020 EC Meeting, Cam Neurenberg volunteered to take the one-year term position.
Resolutions, Changes to the MWF Constitution and Amendments,
- All resolutions that were submitted for discussion at the April 2020 AGM have been deferred until the 2021 AGM where the membership can discuss and vote on the resolutions.
- Any other MWF business
Question period (submitted questions in the chat feature).
- If you have questions, you will be able to submit a question by typing into a chat box in the meeting space. We will be collecting these questions during the meeting and allocating time to answer submitted questions at the end of the meeting.
- When a vote is needed, a poll will appear on your zoom call. The motion will be clearly stated in the meeting, then a pop-up will come onto your zoom call, you will be able to click either a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ option to cast your vote.
Thank you for your understanding, support, and patience during this time.
Program & Events Coordinator, MWF