Established in 1944, and with nearly 15,000 members in 100 affiliate clubs throughout Manitoba the MWF is the provinces oldest and largest conservation organization representing the interests of Manitoba’s hunters, anglers, trappers and sport shooters.
- To promote conservation, angling, hunting, trapping, shooting sports and outdoor-oriented activities.
- To encourage membership within the Federation of those Manitobans that profess an interest in outdoor activities, including the protection of fish and wildlife habitat and resources.
- To promote conservation among its members and to protect the natural resources of the Province of Manitoba; its soils, minerals, forests, water and wildlife.
- To promote, encourage and support the propagation of game, fish species and their natural habitat.
- To assist and encourage the enforcement of game laws, which are in keeping with the aims and objectives of the Federation and to strive for enhanced laws and programs when considered necessary.
- To work cooperatively with government and like-minded groups towards common goals for the greater good of the greater number.
- To educate members and the general population of our province about conservation, habitat and resources as well as outdoor and hunting safety.
- To promote and practice ethical behaviour at all times.
- To keep members apprised of Federation-related news through the publication of its official magazine, Outdoor Canada West.
- To communicate openly and honestly with members in an environment of trust and understanding.
- To support the objectives of the MWF Habitat Foundation.
- To protect and enhance the privileges of its members in the wise and ethical use of our resources
Board and Staff:
Brian Strauman – President
Randy Walker – Past President
Brian Brownlie – Vice President
Cam Neurenberg – Director
Corey Nichols – Director
George Hird – Director
Lewis Allen – Director
Pam Robins – Director
Lee Robins – Director
Chase Dreilich – Director
Melissa Lindsay – Director
Chris Heald – Executive Director
Carly Deacon – Managing Director
Dennis Schindler – Lands and Resource Manager
Chris Benson – Program & Events Coordinator
Elizabeth Krotowich – Office Manager
Tristan Krotowich – Membership and Program Assistant