Possession and Acquisition License


If you are planning to obtain a Possession and Acquisition License (previously called a FAC) for non-restricted firearms, you may use your pre-1994 Manitoba Hunter Education Course certificate to fulfill the Safety Training Certification requirement.

The Manitoba Wildlife Federation was instrumental in “grandfathering” Manitoba Hunter Education course graduates for the training course requirements for obtaining Possession and Acquisition Licenses.

If you did not take the Manitoba Hunter Education Course prior to 1994, you are required to take the Canadian Firearm Safety Course when applying for a Possession & Acquisition License (PAL)

For a list of CFSC instructors please contact the Chief Firearms Officer for Manitoba at:

Chief Firearms Officer
Unit 1, 1680 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0Z2
PH: 1-800-731-4000

For more information, visit the RCMP website:


(204) 633-5967 / (877) 633-4868
4-999 King Edward Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0R1