The Manitoba government has examined additional steps to gradually continue to safely restore services and increase gathering sizes to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors. This change officially came into effect on May 22, 2020. The Manitoba Wildlife Federation has lifted the restrictions and re-opened opportunities to take the Hunter Education Course in-class with our instructors provided each instructor and participant follows the following guidelines and precautions:
- The maximum number of students allowed per classroom is 15. Students and the Instructor all must have the ability to be at a minimum of 2 meters away from each other.
- Students must bring their own lunches, pencils/pens, and notebooks.
- Only necessary and brief exchanges will be allowed within 2 meters of each other. When conducting firearms training/handling procedures we recommend participants and the instructor wear PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), students must wash/sanitize their hands prior to the practical training, firearms and equipment must be sanitized in between students, and have everyone wash/sanitize their hands after the practical.
- Encourage common prevention measures, including regular hand washing (soap and water for a minimum of 15 seconds) or have access to alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- Do not attend the course if you are experiencing/showing symptoms of a respiratory illness, coughing, sneezing, fevers etc.
The MWF office is still closed to the public, however we are still processing new Hunter Education Graduates and Hunter Education replacement cards to the best of our ability. If you need a replacement card please call our MWF office at 204-633-5967 or email us at email@example.com.